It is important to us that you know how to look after your Masch pieces, in order for you to be able to enjoy them for longer, so we have listed a few tips based on regularly asked questions:
- Keep the leather clean. Try to brush your leather down with a damp cloth at least once a week.
- Start by brushing off any dirt or grime from the leather with your hand, then switch to a damp cloth and wipe the surface of the leather.
- It is important to not use any soaps or cleansers.
- Avoid getting your leather very wet.
- Dry your leather slowly. Do not use heat or direct sunlight to dry the leather.
- Do not store your piece in plastic containers/bags as leather needs to breathe.
- Do not store in direct sunlight.
- Do not allow cosmetics, perfumes or hand creams to come in contact with the leather. In case of a spill, clean thoroughly with a damp cloth to avoid stains.
- Do not use any chemicals such as scotch guard products unless tested and approved.
- Please note that light-coloured (especially off-white) saffiano leather is naturally more exposed to exterior dyes of clothing and other objects of darker colour. Once the colour is damaged it cannot be restored.
- Saffiano leather is resistant to normal scratch. If hard friction or sharp objects are applied, to the top finishing layer it will damage. This is irreparable as it is full-grain leather.
Lastly, it is very important to remember that any genuine leather product will age with time. In other words it will change colour and get a character of its own during normal use. If you take good care care of your leather product and it will last you a life time.